- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina, B.A., 1995, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Appeals, West Virginia
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Shane has nearly two decades of experience in banking and commercial finance law. In his practice, Shane primarily represents commercial banks and borrowers in a wide range of multi-lender and single lender secured and unsecured financing transactions, including real estate development and construction financing, asset-based lending facilities, acquisition financings, tax credit financings, equipment financings, mezzanine financings, and intercreditor and subordination agreements.
Shane also has experience with real estate sales and acquisitions (commercial and residential), including purchase and sales agreements, title insurance matters, inspection issues, transfer tax issues, survey requirements, and leasing issues.
His career highlights include:
- Serving as senior counsel in the legal department of a national bank with assets of approximately $39 Billion
- Representing municipal authorities on a variety of finance and real estate issues, including state and federal-funded public improvement loans and financing for public works and qualified income housing, representing municipal bodies in ground lease and real estate development projects, and drafting and negotiating easements, licenses, and rights of way
- Handling all aspects of commercial loan transactions on behalf of regional lending institutions, including the preparation and negotiation of real estate and asset-based loan documents and major due diligence reviews, and including syndicated loan transactions
Prior to joining Vorys, Shane was senior counsel at First Niagara Bank. He also spent several years working as an attorney at a large regional law firm.
Shane received his J.D. from the Duquesne University School of Law. He received his B.A. from The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina.
Professional and Community Activities
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Children’s Theater Advisory Board Member, 2017
- 11/1/2016Vorys announced that three experienced banking attorneys have joined the firm’s Pittsburgh office. Robin Capozzi and Shane Sclichter joined as partners and David Aldous joined as counsel.
- 5/3/2017Vorys attorneys David Aldous, Robin Capozzi and Shane Sclichter were speakers at the Risk Management Association Pittsburgh Chapter Meeting on May 3, 2017.
- Spring 2017What is a “High Volatility Commercial Real Estate” Loan, and How Does it Affect Your Ability to Lend?More and more, bankers are becoming familiar with the term “High Volatility Commercial Real Estate,” or HVCRE for short.