- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Case Western Reserve Law Review, senior editor, 2012-2013; associate editor, 2011-2013
- George Washington University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Andrew is an associate in the Vorys Akron office and a member of the litigation group.
His notable experience includes:
- Serving as a judicial extern to the Honorable Eileen A. Gallagher in the Court of Appeals of Ohio Eighth Appellate District
- Serving as a judicial extern to the Honorable David D. Dowd, Jr. in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Andrew received his J.D. magna cum laude from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He also served as a senior editor for the Case Western Reserve Law Review and as the president and editor-in-chief of the law school’s newspaper, The Docket. Andrew received his B.A. summa cum laude from George Washington University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Professional and Community Activities
- Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network, Leadership Team
- 10/25/2013Vorys Welcomes New Associates to Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Akron and Washington, D.C. OfficesVorys is pleased to welcome nine new associates to the firm. Angelyne Lisinski, Michael Shoenfelt, Kara Singleton and Thomas Vetter have joined the Columbus office; Katherine Barrett and Megan Westenberg have joined the Cincinnati office; Hyun (Eric) Yoon has joined the Cleveland office; Andrew Guran has joined the Akron office and William M.R. Barrett has joined the Washington, D.C. office.
- 11/27/2018Vorys attorneys Tom Fusonie, Dan Shuey and Andrew Guran co-authored an article for Farm and Dairy titled “Nuisance Lawsuits May Threaten Livestock Farmers.”
- 6/2015Kevin Gormly, a partner in the Pittsburgh office, and Andrew Guran, an associate in the Akron office, provided the Pennsylvania Oil and Gas Update in the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Mineral Law Newsletter, No. 2.
- 3/2015Kevin Gormly, a partner in the Pittsburgh office, and Andrew Guran, an associate in the Akron office, provided the Pennsylvania Oil and Gas Update in the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Mineral Law Newsletter, No. 1.
- 9/8/2014In Eisenbarth v. Reusser, 7th Dist. Monroe No. 13 MO 10 (Aug. 28, 2014), the Seventh Appellate District of Ohio recently addressed issues concerning application of the 1989 version of the Ohio Dormant Mineral Act (DMA).
- 1/6/2014365/360 Interest Calculation: Latest Developments in Ohio Case Law Provide Guidance in Interest Calculation MethodsMarcel C. Duhamel, a partner in the Cleveland office and Andrew P. Guran, an associate in the Akron office, authored this article on 365/360 Interest Calculation for the Winter 2014 issue of The Bankers' Statement.