- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 1985
- Walsh University, B.A., 1982, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Mike is of counsel in the Vorys Columbus office and member of the probate and tax group. He has more than 30 years of experience helping privately held companies, their investors and their shareholders with tax-related issues. He has helped these clients with tax structuring, planning and compliance issues which may impact both the businesses and their owners.
Prior to joining Vorys, Mike spent 20 years as the managing partner of the PricewaterhouseCoopers Columbus office. His other notable experience includes:
- Counseling business owners, executives, professionals, and their families in designing comprehensive estate and business succession plans.
- Providing tax perspectives to central Ohio leaders in areas, including wealth preservation, succession planning and estate transfers.
- Conducting successful negotiations on various tax issues before the Internal Revenue Service and multiple state and local tax authorities.
Mike received his J.D. from the Cleveland-Marshall College of law. He received his B.A. summa cum laude from Walsh University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA), Board Chair, 2007-2016; Executive Committee Member, 2007 – present
- Columbus Museum of Art, Board Chair, 2015-2018; Executive Committee Member, 2015 – present
- Zoombezi Bay, Board of Directors, Current Member of the Board of Directors
- Walsh University, Former Treasurer,
- American Red Cross of Central Ohio, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Columbus Rotary Foundation, Former Chair
- Mt. Carmel College of Nursing, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Experience Columbus, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- The Childhood League, Former Member of the Board of Directors, Treasurer
- 10/12/2021Vorys announced today that Michael Petrecca has joined the firm’s Columbus office as of counsel in the taxation and probate group. Prior to joining Vorys, he spent 20 years as the managing partner of the PricewaterhouseCoopers Columbus office.