762 items, 20 items per page
- 4/3/2012Vorys announced that Daren Garcia, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, has been selected for the 2012 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellows Program.
- 3/20/2012Vorys announced that Sheila Nolan Gartland, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, has been inducted into the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. Admission to the organization is by invitation only after a rigorous screening process, making it the premier organization of real estate lawyers in the United States.
- 3/19/2012Kristin Watt, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and chair of the firm’s environmental group, was quoted in a Cleveland Plain Dealer story titled “Shale gas lawyers in big demand in Ohio.”
- 3/14/2012Ford Featured in Columbus Business First Story About March Madness' Impact on Workplace ProductivityJackie Ford, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was featured in a Columbus Business First story regarding workplace computer use policies and NCAA basketball tournament viewing.
- 3/12/2012Vorys announced the launch of twitter.com/vorysshale, a Twitter feed dedicated to recent news and information related to oil and gas exploration in both the Utica and Marcellus shales.
- 3/9/2012Carl D. Smallwood, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, is the recipient of the inaugural Ohio State Moritz College of Law Public Interest Law Foundation Excellence in Public Service Award. He was selected as the private sector honoree for his work as president of the Law and Leadership Institut.
- 3/7/2012Vorys environmental attorney M. Howard Petricoff achieved victory on behalf of Buckeye Wind LLC on March 6, 2012, when the Ohio Supreme Court validated an Ohio Power Siting Board decision to approve the company’s application to erect a large-scale wind farm in Champaign County.
- 3/2/2012Nelson Cary, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was quoted in a Bloomberg BNA Human Resources Report story titled “Attorneys Advise Reconsidering Social Media Policies Based on NLRB Counsel’s Report.”
- 2/17/2012Ziance Featured in Columbus Business First Story Regarding Economic Development Incentives and Right-to-Work LawsScott Ziance, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was quoted in a Columbus Business First story regarding whether Indiana’s status as a right-to-work state will give it a competitive edge over Ohio in company relocation decisions.
- 2/8/2012Vorys Partners Mark Knueve and Daren Garcia were included in a Law360 story about arguments made before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California in Amber Echavez v. Abercrombie and Fitch Co.
- 2/6/2012DCB Financial Corp, parent holding company of Lewis Center-based Delaware County Bank and Trust Company announced on Feb. 6, 2012 that its Board of Directors has retained Vorys as its legal counsel to assist the company in raising capital.
- 2/3/2012John Landolfi, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and chair of the firm’s technology committee, was quoted in a Columbus Business First article about the savings businesses have realized from the use of video conferencing technology.
- 2/2/2012Jill S. Tangeman, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was quoted throughout a This Week News story regarding a proposal to switch the land use for a site in a Columbus neighborhood from a skateboard park to a residential hotel.
- 1/31/2012Webb Vorys, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was included in a Forbes article about a new series sponsored by the Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network of Ohio (DEN Ohio) called Entrepreneurial Anywhere.
- 1/25/2012Scott Ziance, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was featured in a Columbus Dispatch story regarding the economic development incentives that will be used by JobsOhio, the state’s new privately run job creation agency.
- 1/17/2012David L. Hobson, president of Vorys Advisors, was quoted in a Columbus Dispatch article regarding community efforts to demolish vacant and abandoned houses. The article, which was titled highlighted Hobson’s work on the issue.
- 1/17/2012Nelson Cary, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was quoted in a Washington Times story titled “Union fight pits rights of free speech, private land.”
- 1/5/2012Vorys announced that William G. Porter, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office and chair of the litigation group, has been inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL). The ACTL is widely considered to be the premier professional trial organization in America.
- 1/4/2012Vorys announced that David A. Froling, Thomas H. Fusonie, Jolie N. Havens, Rodney A. Holaday, Jill S. Tangeman and Thomas R. Trotter have been named partners of the firm.
- 1/3/2012Vorys has been recognized as a 2012 Go-To Law Firm® in Corporate Counsel magazine’s ninth annual survey of in-house counsel at the top 500 companies in the United States. Vorys was chosen based on feedback from some of the largest and most respected companies in the nation.