Real Property, Zoning, and Land Development News
- 2/19/2020Miller Quoted in Columbus Business First Story Titled “Pataskala's Residential Development Ban Prompts Lawsuit”Joe Miller, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and chair of the firm’s litigation practice, was quoted in a Columbus Business First story regarding the City of Pataskala’s moratorium on residential development.
- 12/19/2019Joe Miller, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted a Delaware Gazette story regarding a vote of the Genoa Township Board of Trustees to accept a ruling in a consent decree to allow the “Ravines at Hoover” project, a 56-home subdivision on 42.8 acres, to move forward.
- 10/22/2019Miller Quoted in This Week: Dublin Story Titled “Dublin School District Seeks Traffic Solution After Restraining Order Near Emerald Campus”Joe Miller was quoted throughout a This Week: Dublin story about a temporary restraining order issued to stop trespassing from Dublin City School students, employees and buses onto a property adjacent to the district’s Emerald Campus.
- 1/22/2018Joseph Miller, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a Delaware Gazette story regarding a ruling by the Delaware County Board of Elections related to petitions that were circulated to place a referendum on a rezoning decision on an upcoming ballot.
- 12/18/2017Miller Quoted in Dayton Daily News Story Titled "Owners of Former Store Sue Xenia; Lawsuit Alleges City Damaged Wall During Next-Door Demolition"Joe Miller, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a Dayton Daily News story titled “Owners of Former Store Sue Xenia; Lawsuit Alleges City Damaged Wall During Next-Door Demolition.”
- 12/14/2017Joe Miller, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a Xenia Gazette article titled “Building Owner Files Federal Lawsuit Against Xenia.”
- 9/12/2017Miller Quoted in Columbus Dispatch Story Titled “Housing Plans Rebuffed, Delaware County Landowner Proposes Livestock”Joe Miller, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group, was quoted in a Columbus Dispatch story about a Delaware County property owner who pursued residential development on a portion of land that he owned.
- 2/21/2017Joe Miller, a partner in the litigation group in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a Delaware Gazette story titled “Harpers Pointe can move forward in Powell.”
- 5/15/2013Vorys Partner Quoted in This Week: Westerville Story Titled “Jury Goes Against Westerville in State Street Case”Bruce Ingram, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a This Week: Westerville story about a $1.3 million verdict awarded to a property owner by a Franklin County Common Pleas Court jury.
- 11/19/2012Bruce Ingram, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a Columbus Dispatch story about ongoing litigation between a group of central Ohio landowners and the City of Dublin, Ohio.
- 8/11/2012Joseph Miller, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted as counsel for a landowner in a Columbus Dispatch story regarding an eminent-domain case.
- 2/2/2012Jill S. Tangeman, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was quoted throughout a This Week News story regarding a proposal to switch the land use for a site in a Columbus neighborhood from a skateboard park to a residential hotel.
- 12/2/2011On Dec. 1, 2011, the Ohio Supreme Court issued a writ of mandamus ordering the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) to begin appropriation proceedings to compensate the owners of land west of Grand Lake St. Marys for a “taking” of their property.
- 9/28/2011The Morning Journal and the Sandusky Register both ran feature stories about a settlement, negotiated by Vorys litigators, between the Erie MetroParks and Erie County private property owners.
- 3/31/2010On March 24, 2010, Vorys obtained a unanimous $862,061 jury verdict on behalf of Reywal Co. Limited Partnership in ODOT v. Reywal Co. Limited Partnership, et al.
- 11/21/2008In a case brought before the U.S. District Court in the Southern District of Ohio, Judge Algenon Marbley agreed with Wedgewood Limited Partnership (Wedgewood), when he issued a ruling saying that Wedgewood’s federal civil rights were violated by Liberty Township.
- 10/10/2007Bruce Ingram, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a Lima News on victory Vorys litigators achieved on behalf of a Lima business.