Economic Development and Tax Incentives News
- 9/4/2019Ohio Development Services Agency’s Former Chief Counsel Joins Vorys Economic Development Incentives TeamSean Byrne – the former chief legal counsel and ethics officer at the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA) – has joined Vorys’ economic development incentives practice.
- 7/22/2019Joseph Mann, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was recently quoted in a Columbus Business First story about Qualified Opportunity Zones.
- 7/22/2019Ziance Quoted in Columbus Business First Special Report on Qualified Opportunity Zones Titled “Great Expectations”Scott Ziance, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was recently quoted in a Columbus Business First special report on Qualified Opportunity Zones (QOZs).
- 4/30/2019Recently, a financial closing took place for the redevelopment of the Dayton Arcade complex. The developer described the financing structure as "one of the largest and most complex, using these types of redevelopment financing tools layered together, in the United States."
- 1/14/2019Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP announced today that Jay A. Surabian has joined the firm as an associate in the Washington, D.C. office.
- 11/15/2018Ziance Quoted in Springfield News-Sun Story Titled “Springfield Housing: Experts Say Funding Tool Becoming More Common for Development”Scott Ziance, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office, was quoted in a Springfield News-Sun story on the use of the use of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) as an incentive for development.
- 12/12/2017Vorys announced that Scott Ziance, leader of the firm’s multi-disciplinary economic development incentives team, has been elected as the president of NAIOP of Ohio.
- 6/16/2015Ziance Quoted in Plain Dealer Story Titled “Preservation Tax-Credit Moratorium Pulled from Ohio Senate Budget Proposal”Scott Ziance, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the tax group, was quoted in a Cleveland Plain Dealer story titled “Preservation Tax-Credit Moratorium Pulled from Ohio Senate Budget Proposal.”
- 6/11/2015Ziance Quoted in Two News Stories on the Ohio Senate’s Proposed State Preservation Tax Credit MoratoriumScott Ziance, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the tax group, was quoted in a Columbus Business First story and a Cleveland Plain Dealer story on an sentence in the Ohio Senate’s proposed budget that would place a two year moratorium on the Ohio Preservation Tax Credit.
- 4/16/2015Scott Ziance, a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and member of the tax group, was quoted extensively in a Steubenville Herald-Star article titled “University Seeks Project Commitment.” The story was about a recent Steubenville City Council Economic Development Committee meeting.
- 3/20/2012Vorys announced that Sheila Nolan Gartland, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, has been inducted into the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. Admission to the organization is by invitation only after a rigorous screening process, making it the premier organization of real estate lawyers in the United States.
- 2/17/2012Ziance Featured in Columbus Business First Story Regarding Economic Development Incentives and Right-to-Work LawsScott Ziance, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was quoted in a Columbus Business First story regarding whether Indiana’s status as a right-to-work state will give it a competitive edge over Ohio in company relocation decisions.
- 1/25/2012Scott Ziance, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, was featured in a Columbus Dispatch story regarding the economic development incentives that will be used by JobsOhio, the state’s new privately run job creation agency.
- 11/1/2011Vorys Ranked a "Best Law Firm" in 26 National and 47 Metropolitan Categories in U.S. News - Best Lawyers List
- 6/22/2010Ziance Quoted in The Daily Reporter article "Legislation Creates Low-Interest Options for Financing Environmentally Sound Projects"