Real Estate Finance News
- 10/15/2020Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP has been recognized in the 2020 edition of IFLR1000, an organization dedicated to providing a comprehensive analysis of lawyers and firms working in the corporate and financial space.
- 2/15/2019Steve Browning, the managing partner of the Vorys Houston office, was recently awarded the 2019 Lexology Client Choice Award for banking in Texas.
- 11/1/2016Vorys announced that three experienced banking attorneys have joined the firm’s Pittsburgh office. Robin Capozzi and Shane Sclichter joined as partners and David Aldous joined as counsel.
- 2/3/2014Vorys is proud to announce nine attorneys from the Cincinnati office have been named “2014 Leading Lawyers” by Cincy Magazine.
- 8/2/2013Charles Bissinger, a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group, was quoted in two stories that appeared in the August 2, 2013 edition of Columbus Business First.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to announce that 39 of the firm’s attorneys have been recognized among the leading practitioners in the country in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA. Chambers USA conducts in-depth research and ranks the leading firms and attorneys in an extensive range of practice areas throughout America.
- Melvin A. Bedree
- Charles C. Bissinger, Jr.
- Anthony C. Ciriaco
- Jennifer Bibart Dunsizer
- Jolie N. Havens
- Hani R. Kallas
- Mark A. Knueve
- Roger E. Lautzenhiser, Jr.
- Jeffrey A. Marks
- Mark A. Norman
- Anthony J. O'Malley
- Drew T. Parobek
- William G. Porter
- Gregory D. Russell
- Suzanne J. Scrutton
- Andrew C. Smith
- J. Theodore Smith
- Jeffery E. Smith
- Jill S. Tangeman
- Jonathan R. Vaughn
- Kristin L. Watt
- John B. Weimer
- James A. Wilson
- Kristin L. Woeste
- 2/1/2013Vorys announced that nine attorneys from the firm's Cincinnati office have been named “2013 Leading Lawyers” by Cincy Magazine. The Leading Lawyers survey is conducted annually by the magazine. Winners are nominated by colleagues outside their firm and chosen by a panel of their peers.
- 9/12/2012Six Vorys partners have been named 2013 Lawyers of the Year by Best Lawyers. Each year, only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is honored as the Lawyer of the Year.
- 4/12/2012Kathleen Burtschi, of counsel in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office, was profiled in a Law360 article titled “Veteran HUD Atty Jumps To Vorys.” The article was about Burtschi’s 20 years of work at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and her move to Vorys’ HUD financing practice.
- 4/11/2012Vorys welcomed Kathleen Burtschi as of counsel in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Burtschi will join the firm’s Housing and Urban Development (HUD) finance practice, which is one of the largest in the country.
- 3/20/2012Vorys announced that Sheila Nolan Gartland, a partner in the firm’s Columbus office, has been inducted into the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. Admission to the organization is by invitation only after a rigorous screening process, making it the premier organization of real estate lawyers in the United States.
- 3/7/2012Vorys announced that Bryan H. Falk joined the firm as a partner. Falk, a member of the firm’s robust commercial and real estate practice, will lead the finance and real estate practice in the Vorys Cleveland office.
- 3/5/2012Vorys announced the addition of four attorneys to the commercial, real estate and bankruptcy group in the Cincinnati office.