Vorys attorneys Matt Albers and Kristen Shemory presented a webinar hosted by the American Health Lawyers Association Business Law and Governance Practice Group on December 14, 2016. The program was titled “Getting Your Compliance Board Into Compliance” and addressed how the government approaches decisions from compliance boards and practical steps you can take to protect your entity.
They discussed the following:
- Recent regulatory and enforcement landscape affecting or implicating compliance board or committee;
- Reasons compliance boards are particularly vulnerable targets for enforcement;
- Perspective from an in-house compliance officer;
- Practical elements or changes to implement to ensure your compliance board avoids scrutiny; and
- Effective communication strategies and techniques for executives to use when communicating compliance issues with the compliance committee or board.