Attorneys & Professionals
Presented by Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
Vorys attorneys Lisa Reisz and Liam Gruzs hosted a webinar to further discuss the release of the final omnibus HIPAA rule by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The new rule includes sweeping changes to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
This presentation discussed:
- Greater restrictions on provider use and disclosure of PHI
- Limitations on uses and disclosures for marketing and fundraising
- Prohibition on covered entity sale of PHI
- Increased individual rights to PHI
- What must be done by September?
- Revise Notice of Privacy Practices
- Update internal policies
- Associate training