Attorneys & Professionals
Presented by Practising Law Institute
Vorys partner Pam Bresnahan participated in Practising Law Institute’s seminar, Communications Law in the Digital Age 2012, on November 16.
Ms. Bresnahan’s discussion was entitled, Legal Ethics for Media Lawyers: Current Issues and focused on the following:
- What additional ethics and liability risks does the persistence of the Great Recession present for in-house and outside counsel?
- Do modern technology and cybersecurity concerns create new ethics and risk management dangers for practitioners?
- Will tightening corporate budgets, repeated personnel changes, and proliferation of corporate mergers and dislocations create more conflicts of interest and similar problems?
- Has the e-discovery beast been domesticated?
- Do international legal issues, involving multiple offices for clients or lawyers, raise new ethics dilemmas?