- Energy and Utilities
- Intellectual Property, Entertainment, and Technology Protection
- Rice University, PhD, Chemistry, 2005
- Rice University, M.A., Chemistry, 2003
- Centenary College of Louisiana, B.S., Chemistry, 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Valerie is a registered patent agent with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. She practices in the Vorys Houston office and has more than six years of domestic and foreign patent preparation and prosecution experience. She has drafted, filed, and prosecuted numerous patent applications in surfactant and polymer chemistry, catalytic chemistry, hydrocarbon chemistry, nanoparticles and nanomaterials, composite materials, metallurgy, biotechnology, sensors, imaging technologies, wellbore tools, batteries, and mathematical modeling of data. She has managed several global patent portfolios, including a consumer product portfolio containing approximately 100 matters. Additionally, Valerie also supports attorneys in transactional intellectual property matters like contracts and opinions as well as due diligence matters for mergers and acquisitions. Valerie previously worked in research and administration at Rice University, institutions in the Texas Medical Center and contractors for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Johnson Space Center.
Valerie earned her bachelor’s degree in chemistry with a minor in mathematics from Centenary College of Louisiana and her master’s degree and Ph.D. in chemistry from Rice University.
Valerie is not licensed to practice law in any state and does not provide legal services.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Chemical Society, Greater Houston Section, Past President
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Phi Lambda Upsilon Chemistry Honor Society
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member, 2017
Honors & Awards
- American Chemical Society, Greater Houston Section, 2011 Younger Chemist of the Year Award
- 1/25/2017Vorys announced that a team of four AmLaw 50 patent lawyers and their staff have joined the firm’s Houston office. Carey Jordan, Iona Kaiser and Jeremy Harrison will join as partners and Donna Haynes will join as of counsel.