- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Franklin and Marshall College, B.A., 2008, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Vincent is an associate in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and a member of the technology and intellectual property group. He focuses his practice on trademark law, prosecution and inter partes disputes. Vincent also has experience drafting consent and coexistence agreements, as well as counseling clients on issues related to licensing of intellectual property rights.
Vincent is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and serves on the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Committee.
Vincent received his J.D. from the University of California Hastings College of Law and his B.A. magna cum laude from Franklin and Marshall College.
Prior to joining Vorys, Vincent was an associate at Arochi & Lindner S.C., in Mexico City, Mexico.
Professional and Community Activities
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Member, 2017
- 7/31/2018Currently, to maintain or renew a United States trademark registration, the registrant must file a Declaration of Use stating the mark is in use in commerce in connection with each listed good or service in the registration.
- 3/2/2018Now that March is here we want to take a moment to remind you that MARCH MADNESS is a registered trademark of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- 3/13/2017Client Alert: Read This If You Operate a Website with User-Generated Content: Mandatory Registration of a Designated AgentPicture this: your company operates a website which allows users to post material such as music, drawings, videos or photographs. One day your company receives a letter alleging copyright infringement and demanding a large sum of money from your company because one of those user-generated posts included copyright-protected materials without the owner’s authorization.
- 2/3/2017More changes are going into effect at the Trademark Office that may increase the vulnerability of trademark registrations both during prosecution and after registration.
- 1/5/2017After ten years with no change, on January 14, 2017, new filing fees in the Trademark Office and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (Board) and revised rules of procedure before the Board for both new and pending cases will go into effect.
- 8/22/2016With Ohio set to become the 25th state to legalize marijuana for medical use, there are inevitably many questions about how to legally operate marijuana-related businesses in those states.
- 7/6/2016In the wake of the surprise outcome of the United Kingdom referendum on whether to leave the European Union (aka, the Brexit), many clients have asked what they should do to ensure continued trademark protection in the UK for their existing European Union (EU) registrations and future applications.
- 6/14/2016U.S. Customs and Border Control (CBC) is a powerful ally in the battle to prevent counterfeits from reaching the U.S. market. In 2015 an estimated 11 million maritime containers arrived on U.S. shores carrying imported products from all over the world.