- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2012, summa cum laude
- The Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law, managing editor, 2011-2012
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Chelsey M. Vascura, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2018-2019
- The Honorable Elizabeth Preston Deavers, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2012-2013
Angel is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group. She primarily practices in the areas of business litigation and medical malpractice defense. On the business litigation side, Angel has experiencing litigating complex commercial disputes, class actions, and copyright infringement cases. She is also experienced in defending clients in products liability lawsuits.
Angel has significant trial and appellate experience across the areas in which she practices. She has obtained a wide-range of victories for her clients inside and outside the courtroom. Some of her more notable experiences include the following:
- Achieving a favorable result after a week-long jury trial on behalf of a national commercial client involved in a commercial contract dispute
- Achieving a win after a bench trial on behalf of a nationally-recognized healthcare client in a multi-year contract dispute
- Achieving a preliminary and permanent injunctions in multiple federal district court actions under the Hague Convention for the return of internationally missing children, and successfully defending at least one such ruling on appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Arguing before the Supreme Court of North Dakota in a commercial dispute
- Serving as second chair in a bench trial on behalf of a national logistics company in a commercial contract dispute
- Assisting in the preparation for a multi-week jury trial in a complex class action lawsuit resulting in complete defense victory for a nationally recognized commercial client
- Representing medical providers in complex medical malpractice actions alongside other Vorys lawyers
- Negotiating resolutions of pre- and post-lawsuit matters on behalf of clients ranging from individuals to national companies
- Winning on dispositive motions in federal and state courts on behalf of numerous clients, and being an integral part of the team to successfully defend multiple such rulings on appeal
- Defending product liability claims on behalf of multiple manufacturers and national companies
In addition to providing excellent client services, Angel is committed to giving back. She has volunteered as a mentor in the Ohio Women’s Bar Association Mentoring Program and in the Mentoring and More Program at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law for several years. She also regularly serves as a judge for student mock trial and appellate moot court and negotiation competitions. Angel focuses her pro bono practice on assisting parents engaged in international custody disputes under the Hague Convention, as well as local landlord-tenant disputes.
Angel received her J.D. summa cum laude from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, where she was the managing editor of the Ohio State Journal of Criminal Law and a member of the Order of the Coif. She received numerous accolades during her law school career, including awards for trial practice, legal writing, professional responsibility and service to the community. Angel received her B.A. summa cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Angel has served as a clerk for the Honorable Elizabeth Preston Deavers, Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. She also served as a clerk for the Honorable Chelsey M. Vascura, Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Ohio Women’s Bar Association, current member and paste mentor
- Mentoring and More at Moritz, current mentor
- The Ohio Women’s Bar Association, 2019-2020 Leadership Institute Graduate
- Chase Gen Y Leadership Project – the YWCA Columbus, 2015 graduate
- Dress for Success Columbus, 2015-2016 board member
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, regular volunteer judge for various student competitions
- “Everything You Don’t Know About E-Discovery (But Wish You Did),” Hosted by the National Business Institute, October 2014, presenter
- “Privacy and Information Security Update,” Hosted by the American Bar Association & Information Security Committee, March 2015, presenter
- “How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out),” Hosted by the National Business Institute, October 2015, presenter
- “How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out),” Hosted by the National Business Institute, October 2016, presenter
- "Discovery for New Lawyers," the Ohio State Bar Association, June 2019
- 10/25/2013Vorys Welcomes New Associates to Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Akron and Washington, D.C. OfficesVorys is pleased to welcome nine new associates to the firm. Angelyne Lisinski, Michael Shoenfelt, Kara Singleton and Thomas Vetter have joined the Columbus office; Katherine Barrett and Megan Westenberg have joined the Cincinnati office; Hyun (Eric) Yoon has joined the Cleveland office; Andrew Guran has joined the Akron office and William M.R. Barrett has joined the Washington, D.C. office.
- 2/29/2016Vorys attorneys John Kuhl and Angel Lisinski participated in a panel titled “Career in Intellectual Property Discussion,” hosted by The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Intellectual Property Law Society on February 29, 2016.
- 10/2015Vorys attorney Angel Lisinski presented a program titled “How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out),” hosted by the National Business Institute in October 2015.
- 3/26/2015Vorys attorneys Chris Ingram, Jonathan Ishee, John Landolfi, Angel Lisinski and Eric Whisler participated in a panel titled “Monthly Update for February 2015,” on March 26, 2015.
- 10/31/2014Vorys attorneys Rodney Holaday and Angelyne Lisinski presented Everything You Don’t Know about E-Discovery (But Wish You Did), hosted by the National Business Institute on October 31, 2014.
- 5/20/2020A board’s core duties to employ reasonable and effective oversight of management and business operations are even more important in this unique COVID-19 era
- 4/20/2020Having addressed how to conduct hybrid or virtual-only shareholder meetings, corporate boards now must consider virtual board meetings in this COVID-19 era, and decide how to mitigate the additional legal risks they present.
- 1/14/2015Earlier this week, President Obama gave a speech at the FTC laying out an agenda on privacy and data security issues, and indicating that the topic is important enough to the administration that it will be included in his upcoming State of the Union address. Generally, the initiative’s goals include tackling identity theft, protecting the privacy of student data and working toward a general privacy “bill of rights” to provide comprehensive data and privacy protections.