- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1999
- Ohio University, B.B.A., 1994, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Brian is of counsel in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the finance, energy and real estate group. His practice focuses on representing corporations, developers, investors and municipalities in all phases of the acquisition, development, zoning, leasing and sale of commercial, office, retail and industrial properties. He also advises clients in all aspects of commercial real estate law and general business law, and has advised clients in matters relating to foreclosed and distressed properties.
Career highlights include:
- Negotiating and drafting office and retail leases, ground leases and subleases for national, regional and local landlords and tenants
- Negotiating and drafting general business contracts, license agreements, asset purchase agreements and other business acquisition documents
- Negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements for office, retail, medical and industrial properties
- Representing municipalities in public-private development partnerships and negotiated economic development agreements
Brian is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Brian received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law. He received his B.B.A. from Ohio University.
Professional and Community Activities
- International Conference of Shopping Centers, Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Pro Bono Attorney, 2001-present; Volunteer, 2006-2009
- 1/29/2021Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the sale by its Pressure Cylinders segment of its oil & gas equipment business to an affiliate of Ten Oaks Group.
- 1/29/2021Vorys Advises Worthington Industries, Inc. with Acquisition of Business Segment from General Tools & Instruments Company LLCVorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP recently advised Worthington Industries, Inc. in connection with the acquisition by its Pressure Cylinders segment of General Tools & Instruments Company LLC (General Tools), a provider of feature-rich, specialized tools in various categories including environmental health & safety, precision measurement & layout, home repair & remodel, lawn & garden and specific purpose tools.
- 4/30/2019Recently, a financial closing took place for the redevelopment of the Dayton Arcade complex. The developer described the financing structure as "one of the largest and most complex, using these types of redevelopment financing tools layered together, in the United States."