- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2014
- University of Cincinnati Law Review, articles editor, 2013-2014
- University of Dayton, M.A., 2009
- Taylor University College, B.A., 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Cliff is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and is a member of the firm’s litigation and transportation & logistics groups. His practice is focused on business and commercial litigation with specific experience in all aspect of transportation law. Cliff is also experienced in transactional aspects of transportation law. As part of his practice, Cliff regularly reviews, drafts, and revises transportation contracts on behalf of the firm’s shipper, broker, and vendor clients.
Cliff counsels clients in the transportation industry on a variety of matters including avoidance and mitigation of fundamental risks associated with the transportation and logistics industry. Cliff has experience in all aspects of transportation law including Carmack Amendment; defending and subrogating cargo damage claims; vicarious liability for shippers and brokers; negligent hiring of carriers; FSMA and ELD compliance; enforcement and defense of employment agreements; risk analysis and review of insurance coverages and litigation of claims; and collections.
Cliff also has experience in complex business litigation, false advertising law, First Amendment law, and commercial real estate foreclosure.
His notable experience includes:
- Drafting, negotiation, and revision of shipper-carrier contracts, broker-carrier contracts, broker-shipper contracts, and master services agreements for logistics companies
- Successfully facilitating the recovery of hundreds of thousands of dollars for transportation and logistics clients related to carrier claims;
- Enforcement of non-disclosure agreements protecting confidential information
- Successfully enforcing non-compete agreements by obtaining temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions
- Assisting in securing a six-figure settlement from a client’s competitor due to its online false advertising and the complete removal of the false advertising;
- Drafting the advertising policy for local government client to ensure compliance with First Amendment law
Cliff received his J.D. summa cum laude from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and an articles editor for the University of Cincinnati Law Review. He received his B.A from Taylor University College in Edmonton, Alberta and his M.A. in from the University of Dayton.
Professional and Community Activities
- Transportation Lawyers Association, Member
- Transportation Intermediaries Association, Associate Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Warren County Bar Association
- 10/31/2014Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm.