- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 1999
- Southern California Law Review, senior editor, 1998-1999
- Rice University, B.A., 1996, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Heather is a partner in the Vorys Houston office and a member of the litigation group. She focuses her practice on commercial litigation. Heather also has experience in employment, oil and gas, transportation, real estate and securities litigation. She regularly represents clients in contract, fraud, fiduciary duty, employment and trade secret disputes. She has represented clients at trial and has handled appeals. Heather also has extensive arbitration experience, having represented clients many times before the NASD, FINRA, JAMS and other arbitral forums.
Her notable experience includes:
- Serving second-chair in jury trial defending a million dollar partnership dispute involving claims of breach of contract, fraud and fiduciary duty
- Defending companies against allegations of breach of a joint venture and misappropriation of confidential information, leading to dismissal at the pleading stage
- Defending a publicly traded company on $27 million lost profit and unfair competition claims, leading to dismissal at the pleading stage
- Defending international oil and gas exploration and production company against claims of breach of operating agreements and leases stemming from an environmental legacy litigation lawsuit
- Defending employers in labor and employment matters, including discrimination, retaliation, harassment, non-competition covenants, and wage and hour issues.
- Representing issuers and underwriters of mortgage-backed securities against allegations of securities fraud
- Representing global freight management and contract logistics company in commercial disputes across the country
- Representing investment firms against claims brought by former executives alleging breach of partnership agreement, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty
- Representing claimants and respondents in arbitration in a wide variety of matters involving claims of sales practice violations, securities fraud, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, labor code violations and other employment issues, and slander
- Representing physicians of cancer research hospital in health care related matters
Heather is a member of the Houston Bar Association’s Securities Litigation and Arbitration Section and the Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section.
Heather received her J.D. from the University of Southern California Law School, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and senior editor of the Southern California Law Review. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from Rice University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Transportation & Logistics Council, Member
- Women’s Finance Exchange of Houston, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Securities and Arbitration Section
- Houston Bar Association, Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section
- State Bar of California, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- 12/16/2014Vorys announced that nine trial lawyers, with diverse civil litigation backgrounds, will join the firm’s Houston office. The attorneys will start at the firm on January 5. Their arrival continues the firm’s expansion in Houston and strengthens Vorys nationally recognized litigation and energy groups.
- 8/22/2017Vorys partner Heather Kabele gave a presentation titled "Trade Secrets Update: Texas Supreme Court Raises Bar for Lost Profits Damages Again" to the Texas Bar Association on August 22, 2017.
- 11/24/2015Heather Kabele, a partner in the Vorys Houston office and a member of the litigation group, authored an article for International Law360 titled “FinCEN Expands Data Collection Geography Beyond Banking.”
- 6/5/2015Heather Kabele, a partner in the Vorys Houston office and a member of the litigation group, authored an article for the Journal of Commerce titled “Treasury Targets Electronics Exporters, Carriers in Miami.”