- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
- Ohio State Law Journal, editor-in-chief, 2012-2013
- Columbus State Community College, Certificate of Surveying, 2007, summa cum laude
- The Ohio State University, B.S., Civil Engineering, 2004, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Barbara is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office, a member of the firm’s finance, energy and real estate group, and a licensed professional engineer and surveyor intern. Her practice focuses on assisting clients with the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development, operation and maintenance of real property, including due diligence, title, survey, environmental, geotechnical, regulatory and other general real estate matters. She is also versed in construction documentation, design professional and contractor procurement, and contract administration. She is knowledgeable about construction delivery methods, including general contracting, design-build, construction manager at risk, and multi-prime. Barbara drafts and negotiates contracts and related construction documents, assists with claims during the construction phase, and handles post-completion project close-out and warranty issues. Barbara provides construction industry clients with guidance related to the use of computer-aided design (CAD), drones (UAVs) and building information modeling (BIM) platforms.
With over 10 years of experience as a professional civil engineer and surveyor intern in the construction industry, Barbara couples her legal practice with her practical engineering experience, during which she designed and provided construction administration services on projects that involved local roadways, highways, traffic signals, utilities, and site grading and drainage as well as performed traffic impact projections for developing sites.
Prior to joining Vorys, Barbara was an associate at a national law firm and, prior to that, a project engineer and phase manager for one of the nation’s largest architecture, engineering and geospatial firms. During her engineering career, Barbara worked with both owners and developers on federal, state, municipal and private developments, where she was responsible for managing teams comprised of architects, engineers, surveyors and contractors while also maintaining project budgets, scopes and deadlines. She also served as a construction site inspector for the Ohio Department of Transportation while earning her undergraduate degree in civil engineering.
Professional and Community Activities
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) – Columbus Chapter, Current Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Construction Law Committee, Past Chair 2017-2018
- Builders Exchange of Central Ohio, Current Member, The Rising Leaders Institute, Graduate 2015
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2021
- 12/17/2020Vorys is pleased to announce that 31 attorneys from the firm have been named 2021 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 8/20/2020112 Vorys Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America List; 26 Vorys Attorneys Named to Best Lawyers’ Inaugural “Ones to Watch” ListOne hundred and twelve lawyers from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® 2021 edition. In addition, 26 Vorys attorneys were named to the inaugural Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” list.
- 12/9/2019Vorys is pleased to announce that 39 attorneys from the firm have been named 2020 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/5/2018Vorys is pleased to announce that 48 attorneys from the firm have been named 2019 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
- 12/27/2020Late on December 27, the President signed a $900 billion relief package that will provide aid to individuals and businesses still struggling with the economic impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Both the House and the Senate passed the proposal last week.
- 4/6/2020Commercial Landlords And Tenants Unite! CARES Act Forgivable Paycheck Protection Program Loans, EIDL Grants and MoreCommercial landlords should consider communications with commercial tenants who may be eligible for forgivable loans through the CARES Act.
- 9/26/2019Client Alert: Ohio Supreme Court Upholds State Prohibition on Local Residency Requirements in Ohio Public Construction ProjectsThe Ohio Supreme Court recently held that Ohio Revised Code Section 9.75 does not infringe on municipal home-rule authority.