- Capital University, B.A.
- Georgetown University, Paralegal Certificate
Zelda Jefferson is a corporate paralegal in the Vorys Columbus office. She works with clients and attorneys on corporate and business organization matters. Her experience includes:
- Reviewing consumer and commercial deposit account related documents including powers of attorney, trust, estate, guardianship/conservatorship and custodial accounts and providing business related information to assist in resolving legal questions.
- Collaborating with business to implement changes responsive to new federal regulatory requirements
- Preparing management committee minutes, resolutions and presentations and developed records management database to track and monitor board policies and minutes,
- Assisting management committees in drafting policies and tracking emerging corporate regulatory risks,
- Preparing organizational documents, foreign state qualifications and UCC financing statements for corporations and limited liability companies.
- Assisting in due diligence and data room management,
- Responding to federal and state agency issued subpoenas, cease and desist orders and levies
- Assisting with due diligence, internal audit and regulatory reporting required by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Federal Reserve Board.
- Assisting with bank fraud investigations by identifying red flags and suspicious activity and partner with internal line of business to develop policy and procedures;
- Developing and delivering specialized training concerning power of attorneys, trust and guardianship matters
Prior to joining Vorys, Zelda worked at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, where she provided legal support to the marketing and emerging business and Nationwide Bank. In addition, Zelda has also worked as a paralegal in the Washington, D.C. area.
Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Professional and Community Activities
- Former adjunct instructor and advisory board member of the Capital University Paralegal Program