- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 1979, Order of the Coif, Honors in Law
- Miami University, B.A., 1976, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Scott is a retired partner in the Vorys Columbus office and was a member of the litigation group. His litigation practice was broad and national in scope and he has represented numerous corporations in business litigation, intentional torts and workers’ compensation matters. Scott has also represented both physicians and patients in medical malpractice matters.
Career highlights include:
- Serves as national counsel for a railroad equipment manufacturer on matters relating to the Locomotive Inspection Act
- Defending numerous corporations in assorted litigation matters on a state, regional and national basis
- Representing numerous corporations and employers in intentional tort and workers’ compensation cases, and having a lead role in the seminal case in Ohio regarding intentional tort liability
- Obtaining the largest plaintiff’s medical malpractice verdict in an Ohio county
Scott is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbus Bar Association.
Scott has made several presentations to employers on workers’ compensation and intentional tort matters as well as regarding his experiences in medical malpractice litigation.
Scott received his J.D. with honors from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He received his B.A. magna cum laude from Miami University and was Phi Beta Kappa.
Honors & Awards
- Columbus CEO, Top Lawyers in Columbus, 2010-2021
- Ohio Super Lawyers, General Litigation, 2004-2006 and 2008
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
- 3/28/2017This year, 54 Vorys attorneys were listed in the 2017 Columbus CEO “Top Lawyers” List.
- 9/9/2016Vorys attorneys Dan Balmert, Corrine Carman, Margaret Everett, Scott Jamieson, Andrew Kaplan, Ted Mattis, Buz Minor, Brad Sinnott, Carl Smallwood, Elizabeth Smith, Ken Stump, Jerry Webbs and Rosemary Welsh were speakers at the annual Vorys Workers' Compensation Annual Client Briefing on September 9, 2016.
- 9/21/2012Several Vorys attorneys presented at the invitation-only Best Practices in Ohio Workers' Compensation Client Briefing on September 21.