- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2019, Order of the Coif, magna cum laude
- Case Western Reserve Law Review, executive articles editor
- Emerson College, B.S. 2013, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Anne is an associate in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the Vorys eControl group. Her practice focuses on eCommerce litigation involving trademark, patent, false advertising, deceptive trade practice, and unfair competition disputes. She also counsels clients on how to optimize their online marketplace enforcement strategies as a part of their brand protection programs.
Prior to joining Vorys, Anne externed with the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection where she aided in the investigation and prosecution of telemarketing schemes. She also clerked in-house for the legal department of major paint and coatings manufacturer, focusing her learning on marketing, advertising, and trademark law. Prior to attending law school, Anne was an analyst for a consumer research firm in Boston.
Anne received her J.D. magna cum laude from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where she was the executive articles editor for Case Western Reserve Law Review, a member of Order of the Coif and the recipient of Case Western Reserve Law Review's 2018 Outstanding Student Note Award. She received her B.S. summa cum laude from Emerson College.
Professional and Community Activities
- Federal Bar Association, Member
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award® in Constitutional Law; Trademark Law; Law Review Seminar; Legal Writing, Leadership, Experiential Learning, Advocacy, and Professionalism
- Harry A. and Sarah Blachman Award for best essay on improving state, local, or national government
- 11/13/2019Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm. Matt Gutierrez, Amanda Miggo, Francisco Rolon and Gretchen Rutz joined the Columbus office; Jacob Bartlett, Megan Hurd and Stephen Self joined the Cincinnati office; Anne Hurst and Cauley Simmons joined the Cleveland office; and Reed Fryar and Joseph Markell joined the Houston office.
- 8/23/2021Come November 1, 2021, U.S. companies doing business abroad will have yet another privacy law to think about – China’s Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL). China’s state media reported that the PIPL, which has been in development over the past year, was passed by China’s People’s Congress on August 20, 2021.