- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2018
- Ohio State Law Journal, Articles Editor, 2017-2018
- Clemson University, B.A., 2013, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Scott is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the corporate group.
Scott received his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he was an articles editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. He received his B.A. cum laude from Clemson University. Prior to attending law school, he worked as an event director at a marketing firm.
- Summer 2020On July 7, 2020, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), primary regulator for national banks and Federal thrifts, published a lengthy proposal for significant and extensive revisions to certain of its current regulations (the Proposal).
- Summer 2020On June 29, 2020, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), a bureau of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, issued new guidance (2020 Guidance)1 addressing due diligence requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) for financial institutions that provide services to hemp-related business customers.
- 4/23/2020On April 17, the Federal Reserve Board announced an interim final rule that temporarily relaxes lending restrictions on member banks who make Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans to businesses owned by certain bank insiders.
- 4/2/2020On March 31, 2020, the SBA and the Treasury Department released initial guidance on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), providing further key details regarding how the SBA plans to administer the loan program.
- 3/25/2020With the vast uncertainty generated by the COVID-19 pandemic, one of the immediate challenges that Ohio’s financial institutions must confront, especially at this time of year, involves how to handle their annual shareholder or member meetings.
- Winter 2020In December of 2019, Senator Elizabeth Warren and Representative Jesús García announced the introduction of the Bank Merger Review Modernization Act (the act), which would “…restrict harmful consolidation in the banking industry and protect consumers and the financial system from ‘Too Big To Fail’ institutions.”
- Winter 2020
- Summer 2019Lenders in Ohio frequently incorporate cognovits, or confession of judgment provisions, into promissory notes, guaranties and other loan instruments. T