- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Fordham International Law Journal, associate editor
- Princeton University, Ph.D., with honors
- Wellesley College, B.A., with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Alexandra is of counsel in the Vorys Pittsburgh office and a member of the technology and intellectual property group. Alexandra’s practice benefits from her prior experience as patent counsel for a pharmaceutical company, which has allowed her to incorporate her client’s business interests into her legal advice. She advises clients on intellectual property matters and has deep strategic experience managing and directing litigation teams, from pre-litigation to trial and through appeal. Additionally, Alexandra is experienced in negotiating resolutions and settling disputes; providing patent opinions (validity, enforceability and freedom-to-operate); conducting patent landscape analysis, competitive patent monitoring, and patent due diligence; negotiating and drafting licensing, marketing, development, and supply and manufacturing agreements; preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications; and representing clients in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, chemical and medical device industries. Alexandra’s experience incorporating business strategy and IP management creates additional value-added legal advice for her clients.
Alexandra received her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, where she was the associate editor for the Fordham International Law Journal. She received her Ph.D and M.A. in chemistry from Princeton University and her B.A. with honors in chemistry from Wellesley College.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- American Chemical Society, Member
- National Association for Women Lawyers, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association, Member
- 4/2/2018Vorys announced that 10 intellectual property lawyers with diverse technical backgrounds will join a growing IP team at Vorys. The arrival of these new lawyers continues the firm’s strategic growth in the Pittsburgh market and in the IP arena.
- 3/24/2020HZNP Medicines LLC et al. v. Actavis Laboratories UT, Inc., No. 2017-2149 (Fed. Cir. Feb. 25, 2020) (“HZNP”) is a cautionary tale on the use of the claim term “consisting essentially of.” On October 10, 2019, a Federal Circuit panel affirmed the district court’s holding that the term “consisting essentially of” was indefinite because the patent at issue had disclosed inconsistent results to a novel property of the invention thereby rendering that novel property indefinite.
- 10/15/2018Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. v. Cepheid, No. 2017-1690 (Fed. Cir. Oct. 9, 2018) (Roche), marks yet another decision from the Federal Circuit affirming invalidity under 35 U.S.C. §101 of diagnostic claims.