- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2017, magna cum laude
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., 2012
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Kathryn is an associate in the Vorys Houston office and a member of the litigation group. She has experience representing clients in a variety of commercial litigation, personal injury litigation, and employment matters. Kathryn’s practice has largely focused on serving clients in complex, commercial disputes in the oil and gas industry. Kathryn also devotes a portion of her practice to real property tax valuation disputes and appeals, including regularly litigating such matters throughout the state of Texas.
Her notable experience includes:
- Serving as a member of the trial team in a pipeline construction case that resulted in eight-figure bench award for the client.
- Successfully defending a temporary restraining order in a commercial property dispute.
- Prosecuting and defending lawsuits involving breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, federal employment statutes, and RICO claims.
- Serving as an investigator for an employer investigating discrimination claims.
- Obtaining a successful plea to the jurisdiction on a personal injury case involving a governmental entity.
Kathryn received her J.D. magna cum laude from Texas Tech University School of Law, where she served as an Executive Editor of the Administrative Law Journal She received her B.A from the University of Oklahoma.
- 6/14/2018Vorys Associate Kathryn Hand co-authored an article for the State Bar of Texas titled Deeds of Trust and Statutory Liens.