- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2019
- Houston Business & Tax Law Journal, Chief Articles Editor
- University of Houston, B.A., 2016, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Reed is an associate in the Vorys Houston office and a member of the Vorys eControl group. She has experience assisting with the investigation, pursuit and litigation of cases in the areas of trademark law, consumer protection law, false advertising, and unfair and deceptive trade practices. Reed also has experience assisting with the development and implementation of product distribution and enforcement strategies designed to protect brand value by controlling online sales.
Reed received her J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center, where she was the chief articles editor for Houston Business & Tax Law Journal and president of the Student Bar Association. She was a recipient of the Distinguished Service Award, conferred by the faculty of the University of Houston Law Center. Reed received her B.A. cum laude from the University of Houston.
Professional and Community Activities
- University of Houston Law Center Ladies’ Alliance of Recent Alumnae (LARA), Executive Committee, Co-founder 2019-2021
- 11/13/2019Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is pleased to welcome nine new first-year associates to the firm. Matt Gutierrez, Amanda Miggo, Francisco Rolon and Gretchen Rutz joined the Columbus office; Jacob Bartlett, Megan Hurd and Stephen Self joined the Cincinnati office; Anne Hurst and Cauley Simmons joined the Cleveland office; and Reed Fryar and Joseph Markell joined the Houston office.
- 5/27/2021Prove It or Lose It: TMA Provides New Tools to Sweep Away Deadwood Marks, Settles Circuit Split over Injunctive Relief Burden of ProofThe Trademark Modernization Act (2020) (TMA) was signed into law on December 27, 2020; most of its provisions go into effect December 27, 2021.
- 3/11/2021On Wednesday, March 10th, the House passed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the third major federal COVID-19 relief act following the CARES Act and the December 2020 Consolidated Appropriations Act. President Biden is expected to sign it into law Friday.
- 12/27/2020Late on December 27, the President signed a $900 billion relief package that will provide aid to individuals and businesses still struggling with the economic impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Both the House and the Senate passed the proposal last week.
- 3/25/2020On March 24, 2020, County Judge Lina Hidalgo issued a “Stay Home, Work Safe” order (the Order) for Harris County and the city of Houston.