- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2020
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2017, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Alex is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group. He has experience conducting legal research and drafting memoranda for a range of legal matters. Additionally, he has helped prepare an opening brief for the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Alex received his J.D. from the University of Notre Dame Law School, where he served on the editorial board for the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy. While in law school, Alex served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Algenon L. Marbley in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. He also served as an Assistant Rector for a men’s dormitory during his second and third years of law school. He received his B.A. cum laude from the University of Notre Dame. During his time as a law student and as an undergraduate at Notre Dame, Alex completed PhD-level coursework in political theory.
Professional and Community Activities
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Young Professional Council, 2021-Present
- 10/6/2021Vorys attorneys Alex Ehler and Nikki Mayo will lead a presentation on the Department of Labor Joint Employer Rule before the Columbus Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Committee.
- 7/22/2021Beginning October 1, 2021, Connecticut employers will soon face considerable new pay equity obligations.
- 1/15/2021In what will be welcome news for employers who have been on the receiving end of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) collective action complaints, the Fifth Circuit (covering Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas) recently issued an opinion adopting a more employer-friendly process for certifying a collective action.