- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2002
- The Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution, managing editor
- The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business, M.B.A., 2002
- The George Washington University, B.A., 1998
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Kate is of counsel in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the technology and intellectual property group. She has experience providing legal advice for a respected, global legal research corporation and counsel for teams in a broad range of business units and efforts.
Notable experience includes:
- Managing sales channel legal issues including: developing distribution agreements, reviewing advertising product descriptions and other marketing collateral, providing product counseling (including reviewing customer user experience) and contracting with resellers and retailers such as Amazon, Apple, Google and many others.
- Serving as general counsel to several business units collectively worth several hundred million dollars. Such units include publishing (print, eBooks, distribution agreements, digital libraries, ecommerce store and more), public records, software, procurement, managed services (including cloud computing and licensed applications), product development, and additional segments and groups.
- Creating policies, training and reinforcement of state, US and global compliance and ethical matters, such as anti-bribery statutes, FCRA and many other statutes and regulations.
- Serving as the U.S. data protection contact and planning for enforcement; and advising, training and answering questions related to privacy issues, including but not limited to GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA and other privacy and security laws.
- Working in Singapore and negotiating contracts supporting diverse business units in the following non-U.S. jurisdictions: India, England, Amsterdam, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea. U.S.-based duties also included contracting with international entities and with U.S.-entities with international implications (such as data storage in the UK or Asia).
Kate is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals and a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
Kate received her J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she was a managing editor for The Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution. She received her M.B.A. from The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business and her B.A. from The George Washington University.