- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2012
- University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business, Certificate in Business and Public Policy, 2012
- Saint Peter’s University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Chris is an associate in the Vorys Akron and Cleveland offices and a member of the corporate group. He focuses his practice on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and other areas of corporate law. Chris has represented both public and private companies across a range of industries, including retail, media, entertainment, sports, real estate, consumer products and technology on corporate law and corporate governance issues. Chris has experience representing a number of private equity firms and financial investors in leveraged buyouts, investments, dispositions and day-to-day portfolio company management.
Chris has represented diverse clients in a range of high-profile corporate matters. His experience includes representing:
- A private equity firm in its acquisition of a wholesale distribution business.
- A privately held generic pharmaceutical manufacture in its prospective $8 billion sale to an international pharmaceutical company.
- A private equity firm in its sale of an organic products manufacture to an international consumer goods company.
- A recreational vehicle, parts, and services company in its UP-C initial public offering of $32.6 million of common stock on the NYSE.
- An early growth enterprise data masking software technology company in its sale to a “unicorn” private data management and infrastructure company.
- The official governing body of the sport of soccer in the United States in their hosting of a 2016 international men's soccer tournament.
- A private equity firm in its potential $367 million acquisition of a waste disposal, storage and treatment facility.
- A private equity firm in its $2.1 billion joint venture acquisition of four power plants from a public electric utility.
- A private equity firm in its $800 million joint venture acquisition of a petroleum refining company.
- A private equity firm in its $100 million acquisition of certain wind assets.
- An energy services and delivery company in its acquisition of a diversified energy delivery company and the subsequent formation and initial public offering, on the NYSE, of a diversified energy and utility company with $30 billion in assets.
- A privately held logistics company in its prospective $350 million sale to a family-owned transportation company.
- A public company in its $2 billion acquisition of an American group of specialty apparel retail chain stores for women.
- A US-based hedge fund in connection with its £14 million purchase of a shopping center in the United Kingdom.
- An international pharmaceutical and chemical company in connection with its $270 million acquisition of a manufacturing facility in the United States
- A private equity firm in its $37 million acquisition of an asset-light automotive logistics technology company.
- A global financial information and services company in its $18 million sale of a secure open messaging platform to a technology company.
- An ultra-high net worth individual in his creation and funding of an intellectual property joint venture with a world-renowned professional athlete.
- A Fortune 500 health care products company in connection with its global reorganization.
- A privately held European gene therapy company in its acquisition of certain American-held neurobiologic assets.
- An East Coast university hospital system in connection with its acquisition of several physician practices and health care facilities as part of a statewide roll-up strategy.
Chris received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was a senior editor of the Journal of Constitutional Law. During law school, he earned a business and public policy certificate from the Wharton School of Business. Chris received his B.A. summa cum laude from Saint Peter’s University.
Before joining Vorys, Chris worked as a corporate associate at Latham & Watkins LLP in New York.
Professional and Community Activities
- Youngstown Air Reserve Base Community Council, 2018 – Present
- Saint Peter’s University Board of Regents, Member, 2015 – 2018
- Saint Peter’s University Board of Trustees, Member, 2009 – 2010
- 1/11/2019Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP announced today that Christopher J. DePizzo has joined the firm’s corporate group and will work out of its Akron and Cleveland offices.