- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- Journal of Law and Health, executive editor, 2012-2013
- University of Dayton, Master of Public Administration, 2010
- Miami University, B.A., 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Sarah is an associate in the Vorys Cleveland office and a member of the corporate group. In her practice, she advises clients on a variety of matters relating to securities and general corporate law matters. She regularly assists publicly-traded corporate clients with Securities Exchange Act of 1934 reporting and compliance, including preparing and filing periodic, current and annual reports. Sarah also counsels directors, executive officers and shareholders with Rule 144 compliance and beneficial ownership reporting requirements. She works with a team advising publicly-traded corporations on a wide range of transactions, including private and public offerings, proxy contests, mergers and acquisitions. Sarah also works with private companies advising on matters relating to corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, finance and general corporate law.
Her career highlights include:
- Represented Plaskolite, LLC, an Ohio-based family owned acrylics manufacturing company, with operations throughout the United States and Internationally, in the acquisition of Rotuba Extruders, Inc.’s profile lighting business
- Represented a publicly-traded holding company operating local natural gas utilities in a $200 million merger with an energy infrastructure investment fund
- Represented a publicly-traded utility holding company in a $92 million debt refinancing and simultaneous corporate reorganization of its utilities within a wholly-owned subsidiary
- Counseled an executive in the negotiation of an employment agreement and stock award agreement as the incoming chief executive officer of a publicly-traded producer of printing and specialty papers and pulp
- Successfully defended a publicly-traded company against a dissident shareholder in his proxy campaign to replace the board of directors
- Assisted a publicly-traded utility company in connection with its $50 million shelf offering
- Represented a publicly-held utility holding company with the $17 million sale of a subsidiary and its pipeline assets and related real estate, equipment and contracts
- Assisted a publicly-traded utility holding company in a $5 million bridge loan
- Assisted a publicly-traded utility holding company with a $2.7 million divestiture of two of its utilities
- Counseled a publicly-traded utility holding company with the sale of its former corporate headquarters for $1.35 million and a $3 million bridge loan
Sarah is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and the Providence House PHriends Executive Committee. She is also an active member of the Miami University Alumni Association and the Western Reserve Rowing Association.
Sarah received her J.D. magna cum laude from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University, where she was an executive editor of the Journal of Law and Health. She received her MPA from the University of Dayton and her B.A. from Miami University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Miami University Alumni Association, lifetime member
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, volunteer
- Providence House PHriends Group, member
- The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, former volunteer coordinator
- 12/26/2018On December 18, 2018, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted a final rule implementing Section 955 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act which required the SEC to establish rules requiring companies to disclose whether their employees or directors are permitted to hedge the market value of equity securities granted as compensation to, or held by, employees or directors.
- 11/21/2018On November 19, 2018, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) released updates to its proxy voting guidelines for 2019 (2019 Updates).
- 11/21/2017On November 16, 2017, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) released updates to its proxy voting guidelines for 2018 (2018 Updates). The 2018 Updates are effective for shareholder meetings on or after February 1, 2018. This alert summarizes the highlights of the 2018 Updates.