- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude
- University of Cincinnati Law Review, notes and comments editor
- University of Toledo, B.A., 2011, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Liz is an associate in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the labor and employment group. Liz has experience litigating discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge and wage and hour claims in single plaintiff and class action lawsuits. She has appeared before state and federal courts, as well as federal, state and local administrative agencies. Liz also counsels employers on various legal compliance issues involving issues such as wage and hour requirements, employee discipline, accommodations, leaves of absences, and termination decisions. Through such counseling, Liz regularly drafts and reviews employment-related documents, including employment agreements and policies. Liz also regularly provides training and lectures on a variety of employment law topics, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, employee relations, union awareness, and compliance with the federal and state laws.
Her notable experiences include:
- Defending clients in various wage and hour class actions.
- Obtained dismissal in wrongful termination lawsuit in federal court, which was upheld by a federal circuit court
- Audited and revised employment policies and practices of nationwide employers
Liz received her J.D. magna cum laude from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where she was a notes and comments editor for the University of Cincinnati Law Review. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from the University of Toledo.
Professional and Community Activities
- Prevent Blindness, Ohio, Human Resources Committee
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus, Weekly Volunteer
- 10/12/2020Vorys was proud to host a weeklong virtual program providing insights and updates for HR professionals from October 12-15, 2020.
- 4/18/2019On April 18, 2019, Vorys hosted its annual Cincinnati Labor and Employment Law Update.
- 4/6/2017Vorys attorneys Elizabeth Cramer and Natalie McLaughlin were speakers at the business forum titled "Restoring Hope: Addressing Domestic Violence in the Workplace" presented by The Center for Family Safety and Healing on April 6, 2017.
- 3/21/2020DHS Issues Advisory “Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response”On March 19, 2020, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) published a memorandum regarding “essential critical infrastructure workers."