- Baylor Law School, J.D., 2012
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A., 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Akilah is an associate in the Vorys Houston office and a member of the labor and employment group. Akilah has experience handling wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, and fiduciary duty matters. She has appeared before state and federal district and appellate courts.
Akilah received her J.D. from Baylor Law School. While in law school, Akilah was a member of the school’s nationally-recognized advocacy program. Akilah competed in and received numerous awards for her participation in national mock trial and moot court competitions. She received her B.A. from Franklin and Marshall College.
Prior to joining Vorys, Akilah was an associate at a boutique litigation firm, focusing her practice on complex commercial litigation. Akilah represented large corporations, small family businesses, and individuals in matters involving tort and contract claims.
Professional and Community Activities
- Association of Women Attorneys Foundation, Secretary and Trustee
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Diversity Committee, Board Liaison
- Houston Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy, Member, 2016-2017
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Trustee
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2018
- 10/25/2018On October 25, 2018, Vorys attorneys Akilah Craig and Nita Garg spoke at the Baylor College of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology Grand Rounds event regarding legal developments in the medical field.