- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Miami University, B.A., 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable Nick Kuntz, Montgomery County Juvenile Court, 2008-2009
Tim is a senior attorney in the litigation group in the Columbus office. His practice focuses on complex business, commercial, class action, and contract litigation. He has significant experience in counseling large commercial clients related to potential litigation, including breach of contract, statutory and regulatory compliance, and general best business practices. Tim also has experience litigating employment discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour cases. He has represented employers before administrative agencies, federal courts, and state courts.
Prior to joining Vorys, Tim was an assistant prosecuting attorney in Montgomery County, Ohio where he successfully prosecuted hundreds of cases, including several jury trial convictions. He also argued cases in front of the Second District Court of Appeals and Ohio Supreme Court.
Tim was previously a clerk for The Honorable Nick Kuntz, Montgomery County Juvenile Court.
Tim received his J.D. from the University of Dayton School of Law. He received his B.A. from Miami University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Godman Guild Association, Board of Trustees, 2017 - present
- Strong Kids Campaign, Board of Directors, member
- 12/9/2016Vorys attorneys Tim Cole, Phil Downey Heather Lutz, Emily Pan, Lindsay Spillman and Beth Weinewuth were speakers at a Trust and Estate Litigation presentation hosted by the Mahoning County Bar Association on December 9, 2016.