Bridgett S. Klingbeil
Director of Paralegals
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
The Akron office of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is searching for a litigation paralegal. The paralegal will be working with a busy practice group assisting in the management of numerous cases. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to take on responsibility and work in a challenging environment while receiving competitive compensation and benefits.
- Assist with managing multiple large litigation dockets
- Conduct various case, fact and document research
- Assist with drafting, review and/or summarize discovery responses.
- Oversee file collection, processing and production of material through internal litigation support department and outside vendors.
- Prepare and serve depositions notices and subpoenas; and identify and request records and information.
- Oversee organization and maintenance of hard copy and electronic file materials.
- Prepare attorneys, witnesses and clients for depositions.
- Assist in all aspects of trial preparation and post-trial appeal.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of state and federal rules of civil procedure.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Working knowledge of discovery document management software.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work while remaining deadline focused.
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of litigation experience.
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program or equivalent experience required.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)