52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Washington DC office of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is searching for a trademark paralegal. The paralegal work with a busy practice assisting in the management of numerous client portfolios. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to take on responsibility and work in a challenging environment while receiving competitive compensation and benefits.
- Basic trademark searches.
- Update foreign title.
- Legalization of documents for foreign applications, registrations, and support for litigation.
- Prepare copyright applications and recordations.
- Conduct searches for corporate due diligence projects.
- Oversee organization and maintenance of client information.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with all forms of US trademark prosecution.
- Knowledge of Madrid protocol filing system.
- Experience managing international prosecution through local counsel.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property docketing systems for trademarks and proficiency with dedicated trademark and copyright research tools.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- Comfort dealing directly with lawyer and staff contacts in the US and abroad.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to prioritize work while remaining deadline focused.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of dedicated trademark prosecution experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program is a plus.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).