52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
Vorys eControl provides integrated solutions to help brand control the sales of their products in the age of eCommerce. We have represented more than 300 brands, including many of the world’s largest companies. Vorys eControl’s full scope of services allows us to provide a truly comprehensive approach that delivers unique business value. Our ever expanding data science team is passionate about leveraging the most insightful data and statistical techniques available to effectively identify, prioritize, and create enforcement solutions personalized to our client’s needs. Our data scientists need to be hands on with respect to all aspects of the analysis of our client’s marketplace and brand data and use the a full suite of data and analytical tools we have available –SQL, R, Python, PowerBI, and other specific internal tools – to deliver measureable value.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively managing projects, tasks and stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to brief specification while ensuring minimal downtime and maximum utilization.
- Working closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure sound knowledge of client key performance indicators and deliver measureable results.
- Interpreting results and developing actionable recommendations from the data analysis to drive insight led decisions.
- Identifying opportunities for standardization & automation of existing solutions and processes to maximum potential from our teams.
- Own quality assurance of own codes and that of team members to ensure the highest quality work is being delivered to our clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-4 years of experience in deriving insights from structured and unstructured data sources and presenting insights and recommendations to internal stakeholders and clients
- 2-4 years of experience using advanced modeling, algorithms, and technologies in the development of data driven solutions or capabilities
- Experience using SQL, R, Python, and/or other statistical software to develop client facing analytical solutions.
- Experience with data sourcing, data cleansing, and data prep.
- Experience with Big Data concepts, tools, and architecture (data warehousing, data lakes, etc.).
- Ability to leverage data visualization tools to present key insights to non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving and decision making skills
- Passionate about delivering data driven results
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary work environment.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, or related discipline
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in analytical role using predictive analytics, advanced statistical techniques and modeling or an advanced degree in data science, statistics, mathematics, or related discipline
- Experience gathering and analyzing Amazon, eBay, and other marketplace data a plus
- Experience in consulting or professional services a plus
- Experience working with or within a law practice a plus
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).