52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Business Development Coordinator executes a number of essential marketing and business development programs to help position, market and equip Vorys attorneys to grow revenues. As a marketing utility player, the Business Development Coordinator assists assigned practice groups by drafting and tracking pitches and proposals; responding to RFPs; researching prospects and opportunities; and managing experience databases.
The Business Development Coordinator will develop a deep understanding of specific practice groups and their goals. The Coordinator will work with the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, Senior Manager of Business Development and Practice Development Manager to implement and execute marketing programs. The Coordinator must be capable of juggling simultaneous initiatives and flexible enough to prioritize and accomplish last-minute requests.
Business Development Coordinators have clear roadmaps for advancement, and successful ones can expand their roles within practice groups.
- Help execute business development projects within and track progress of various practice group, subgroup, office and individual business development plans
- Create business development materials for attorneys and track progress/results of new business pitches
- Lead the firm’s responses to RFPs, working closely with other Business Development team members and Vorys attorneys
- Encourage and track attorney outreach to identified prospective clients
- Track practice group trends and client news for BD team and attorneys
- Research, identify and propose new opportunities to further build awareness of Vorys, its practice groups and attorneys
- Provide sound research about prospective clients, current clients, competitors, industries and markets
- Coordinate and fulfill required deliverables for external sponsorships and speaking opportunities
- Assist Senior Manager – Marketing and Communications in updating relevant marketing materials, including various websites and biographies
- Maintain, update and develop general business development materials and content, including work experience and transaction lists
- Assist with other marketing and business development activities on an as-needed basis, including client team activities and internal communication
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior writing and editing skills and proven record of drafting flawless copy
- Ability to quickly and successfully understand difficult and complex topics
- Excellent customer service skills, including being highly responsive, informative and flexible
- Proven research skills, including an ability to learn new and diverse systems and services
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems (InterAction specifically)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work in sometimes stressful situations
- Ability to simultaneously assist multiple individuals of various levels with diverse needs and problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of related experience, preferably within the legal or professional services field
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).