Chief Human Resources Officer
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Human Resources Generalist will coordinate or manage multiple human resources functions on a daily basis to include, but is not limited to, employee performance and development, compensation analysis, employee relations, onboarding and basic HR compliance. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced and fun team of HR professionals!
- Conduct compensation reviews and job analyses throughout the year as new data becomes available and as requested. Share market conditions and compensation data changes as they occur. Review and analyze employee compensation by gathering, interpreting and presenting salary recommendations to be used at year end.
- Manage Staff Onboarding process across all offices. Conduct new hire orientation, including benefits, for all Columbus new hires Conduct benefits orientation for other offices via appropriate technology. Explain, collect and route all paperwork for next stage processing. Coordinate Department Orientation for all new hires. Prepare new hire packets for all employees, ensuring receipt of required forms and benefits disclosures.
- Manage the annual job description update project. Organize and coordinate the project to ensure that all job descriptions are reviewed for accuracy by the direct manager. Review edits presented by the Senior Manager – HR Manager, make final revisions, approve and present to CHRO. Insert and edit job descriptions within the Talent Management system.
- Participate in Human Resources Department projects and initiatives as assigned by the CHRO and Senior Manager - Human Resources. Assist with research involving employment related legislation and process improvement implementation. Manage the labor poster compliance program in all offices and ensure that updates are distributed. Lead the annual policy manual review and update process.
- Assist in the development, delivery and management of learning and development programming. Oversee development plan process with the Talent Management system.
- Conduct employee relations conversations and investigations. Prepare disciplinary correspondence and deliver to employees. Coach managers on employee relations situations. Provide policy interpretation to employees and managers.
- Prepare for, attend and represent the firm at Unemployment Hearings.
- Manage and/or assist with Columbus office staff events such as flu shot clinics, mobile mammography, employee recognition events and the Seymour Travel Plan.
- Serve as back up for recruiting when directed by the CHRO or Senior Manager – Human Resource
Knowledge and Skills
- Progressive HR Generalist experience, including Employee Relations, required. Thorough knowledge of accepted HR practices, benefits and government regulations regarding employment
- Knowledge of employment market and compensation trends, including market survey sources
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent internet navigation and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, both verbal and written
- Effective prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Deadline and detail oriented
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in similar field
- Direct work experience in legal, professional services or multi-site organization preferred
- Certification(s): PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).