Human Resources Manager
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Events Manager directs the execution of more than 40 events annually and evolves these programs to best meet the firm’s strategic objectives. Our diverse and growing portfolio of coast-to-coast events includes 300-person, multi-day conferences; roundtables; webinars; and client entertainment functions, among several others. Working within the firm’s Marketing and Business Development Department and reporting directly to the Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, the Events Manager also creates marketing plans designed to help increase and enhance participation at these events.
- Manage and lead the firm’s client-facing events, including all seminars, events, sponsorships and client entertainment activities.
- Identify, negotiate with, and select external vendors, including venues, hospitality, audio/visual, and food/beverage services.
- Create marketing campaigns designed to increase attendance and participation at firm events. Work closely with the marketing team to execute plans on agreed-upon deadlines, including developing event-related communications, announcements, invitations, handouts, PPTs, continuing-education materials and signage.
- Coordinate with internal and external event stakeholders to deliver all event logistics, including audio/visual, related marketing/communications, materials, appropriate follow-up and other duties as necessary.
- Serve as on-site lead for firm events.
- Track and report event successes and actual-to-budget.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience leading multiple events of various sizes simultaneously
- Ability to seamlessly and flawlessly manage several, deadline-specific and complex tasks and projects
- Experience negotiating with and engaging third-party vendors
- Experience with virtual event and meeting platforms (Zoom, On24, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Experience with email campaign software (HubSpot)
- Experience using events-management and marketing/communication technology
- Experience with CRM software (InterAction)
- Thorough, working knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the firm, clients and vendors
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and stressful situations
- Highly responsive, motivated and flexible
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 5-7 years of experience in similar field
- Previous event management and event marketing experience, preferably in a professional services environment
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).