Human Resources Manager
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Marketing Assistant will provide marketing, writing, research and project support to the Marketing and Business Development Department, update the firm’s social media accounts, provide assistance with lawyer recognition programs, and handle other department administrative duties. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager - Marketing and Communications, this position is perfect for an ambitious marketing/communications professional looking for immense growth opportunities on a great team at a highly regarded, Columbus-based law firm.
- Conduct client research, using Elite, InterAction and outside research tools, to support firm-wide business development efforts.
- Draft internal and external digital content as requested by the Senior Manager - Marketing and Communications and other department managers. In addition, assist with the proofreading of marketing materials and executing of the firm’s social media strategy.
- Provide PR and Communications support including drafting of press releases/announcements, attending monthly PR team meetings and preparing monthly PR team recaps.
- Draft, maintain and update attorney biographies, speaking engagements, bar directories, event calendars and other information as requested.
- Assist with the creation of landing pages and other online marketing materials.
- Coordinate responses to firm surveys, and select firm and attorney and practice group ranking submissions.
- Identify and evaluate vendors for promotional items and client gifts/entertainment. Assist with distribution of promotional items/client gifts.
- Perform various administrative tasks, including organizing and filing department documents, drafting routine correspondence, and coordinating meetings. Assist with other special projects in the department.
Knowledge and Skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Pleasant, helpful demeanor and attitude
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Strong, working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Superior commitment to maintaining confidentiality
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of experience in similar field required.
- Law firm or other professional services marketing experience preferred
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).