Human Resources Manager
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Recruiter will source candidates for open positions and coordinate all recruiting activities throughout the pre-employment cycle including managing the candidate experience. This position will work directly with hiring managers to determine position requirements and to ensure a pipeline of qualified candidates are available for employment consideration. The position will create, implement and measure recruiting strategy. The Recruiter will implement and manage the ATS and vendor relationship.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process and receive approved requisitions for the addition or replacement of positions in the firm. Use requisition to create job postings on the appropriate recruiting channels. Conduct intake meetings with the hiring manager and develop appropriate search strategy and timeline.
- Review resumes received and ensure that potential candidates possess the required work history, experience, education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated on the job posting and requisition. Conduct additional pre-screening activities as agreed to in the intake meeting, such as preliminary phone interviews with potential candidates.
- Source passive candidates as needed. Coordinate and participate in onsite interviews with the hiring manager and designated interview team. Provide input about each candidate and make recommendation for hire.
- Create, implement and measure recruiting strategy. Conduct analysis of recruiting effectiveness.
- Implement and manage ATS and onboarding systems and vendor relationship. Seek continual process improvement and efficiency.
- Analyze market and internal equity data to make salary recommendations to hiring manager. Negotiate salary and terms of employment with final candidates on behalf of the firm. Conduct reference checks and background check of final candidate.
- Where applicable, coordinate and monitor pre-employment skills assessments.
- Prepare offer letter and distribute new hire materials to new hires. Monitor supply and replace new hire materials inventory as needed.
- Manage the candidate experience. Send rejection correspondence and/or call interviewed candidates that were not selected for the position.
- Update all recruiting forms and spreadsheets with new hire information such as sourcing channel and time to fill. Prepare job file for each posted position, folders for all interviewed candidates and a file for each candidate whose background was checked by the designated vendor.
- Work with designated agencies when temporary help or direct placement is required and approved.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of HR functions including recruiting, onboarding and employment law
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
- Applicant Tracking System implementation and use
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or combination of equivalent education and experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in similar field required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related area of study preferred
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).