Director of Paralegals
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
The Columbus office of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is searching for a paralegal to support its environmental practice. The paralegal will be working with a busy practice group assisting in the management of numerous projects/cases. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to take on responsibility and work on challenging matters in a collaborative environment while receiving competitive compensation and benefits.
- Assist managing multiple large regulatory, transactional and litigation matters
- Conduct case, fact, environmental regulatory, transactional, and other research
- Oversee file collection, processing and production of material through internal support and outside vendors
- Prepare and serve litigation notices and subpoenas, FOIAs, and public record requests
- Assist attorneys, witnesses and clients for depositions, trials and appeals
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of state and federal rules of civil procedure and key state and federal environmental statutes and regulations.
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- Working knowledge of legal research skills and discovery document management software.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program or equivalent experience required
- Courses in environmental matters preferred but not mandatory
- 1-2 years of paralegal experience, with preference for experience in environmental and/or litigation
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)