Human Resources Generalist
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Financial Analyst will leverage reporting and business intelligence systems and tools to create, maintain, analyze, and distribute financial and billing reporting packages, to meet the firm’s internal and external reporting needs. The Financial Analyst is responsible for determining strategic reporting options, and relaying financial information and key metrics to partners, firm management, and cross-functional teams.
- Maintain business intelligence tool(s) and establish reporting standards to meet firm-wide financial reporting objectives.
- Design, prepare, and analyze financial reports for the finance group, firm management, partners, and other cross-functional teams.
- Leverage business intelligence, Power BI, SQL, financial systems and other related technologies, to determine strategic and efficient reporting and delivery procedures.
- Identify and drive process improvements for the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and tracking/monitoring tools.
- Address finance and billing ad-hoc reporting requests to gather and effectively communicate legal statistics and financial KPIs.
- Drive reporting requirements and processes by assisting with the firm-wide financial system implementation.
- Perform other ad-hoc reporting requests as necessary.
Knowledge and Skills
- Technical aptitude for financial systems, querying, and reporting tools, such as SQL and Power BI
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Experience working and thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prepare various ad-hoc requests, and provide financial and billing data in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to determine best reporting structures and delivery methods
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively support and interact with various teams and levels
- Proficient in the MS Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required. Degree in finance, economics, or related concentration preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in similar field (2+ years’ financial reporting experience preferred).
- Prior experience with legal financial systems or other financial systems is a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate financial results and statistics to various parties.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).