Bridgett S. Klingbeil
Director of Paralegals
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
The Columbus office of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is searching for an immigration paralegal for a full-time role. The paralegal will work with three attorneys and one other paralegal in the firm’s immigration practice, which focuses on business and employment-related cases, but also occasionally handles family-based immigration matters as well. The candidate must have excellent writing and research abilities, strong verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and good attention to detail. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is eager to take on responsibility and work in a challenging environment, while receiving competitive compensation and benefits.
- Draft, review, and file various petitions including H-1B, L-1, E-1/E-2, O-1, TN, J-1 and other nonimmigrant visa petitions, PERM applications, immigrant visa petitions, and adjustment of status applications.
- Gather facts and documentation in support of petitions.
- Review files for status and maintain/organize client matters and calendars.
- Draft correspondence regarding procedural matters, status updates, and letters in support of petitions.
- Interact with government agencies, including the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service.
- Perform legal research and analysis.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of immigration procedures and processes.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Working knowledge of INSZoom.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work while remaining focused on deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team on multiple projects and matters.
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles.
- Strong proofreading skills and the ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Spanish, Japanese, or other foreign language skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program or equivalent experience required.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).