Human Resources Generalist
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Senior Systems Administrator will provide leadership and positive influence to support the firm’s strategic objectives and goals. Assist in establishing standard operating procedures and mentor others in IT as appropriate. Provide support to the Firm’s Desktop, Server, and Cloud infrastructure by architecting, developing, and maintaining a safe and reliable computing environment. Engage in architecture, application packaging, and patching. Ensure the safe and reliable computing environment is maintained. Manage a subset of the firm’s servers: file and print, SQL, E-mail billing, remote access, application, and a small set of web servers. Maintain support of the Data Center including network cabling, server cabinet space usage (kvm, power, & monitor), and switch rack space utilization. Maintain support of the Avaya Phone System, network infrastructure and appliances. Properly label and document all equipment and cabling.
- Provide second and third level support to the Service Desk.
- Analyze and resolve problems with desktop, server, and cloud based applications and systems for which the administrator is primarily responsible.
- Develop testing criteria to support change management for any upgrade or change made to the production environment. Clearly communicate all testing and changes to appropriate parties and provide assistance to others in IT as appropriate. Follow change management policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, select, plan, and implement new upgrades and products into the environment as appropriate. Work closely with vendors in regard to licensing, Architecture, Design and implementation planning.
- Establish and maintain baselines, performance monitoring, maintenance procedures, and appropriate backups for each server and/or application. Monitor and tune network appliances, server and cloud based applications for optimal performance. Recommend upgrades and additional tools to enhance existing systems, take advantage of new technology and add efficiencies.
- Create and maintain documentation for the systems for which the Senior Systems Administrator is primarily responsible
- Participate in the teams on call rotation.
- Mentor Systems Administrators, Service Desk, and others in IT as appropriate.
- Document Disaster Recovery (DR) plans and participates in DR testing.
- Support the firm’s strategic objectives and goals, communicate suggestions to management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible, independent, self-starter
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of ITIL Service and Support concept used by the Firm
- Demonstrated experience working in a technical environment with first, second, and third level support responsibilities, responding to Service Level Agreements, and documenting resolutions in a ticketing system
- Ability to provide calm, rational troubleshooting in high stress situations
- Expertise in at least 3 of the areas identified below:
- DBA, SQL Administration, or SQL programming experience with MS SQL server Experience with establishing standard maintenance prodcedures
- Exerience with Sharepoint Administration
- Demonstrated experience with MS Exchange Server
- Experience supporting remote access technologies such as MS Terminal Server, and RSA
- Experience with Hewlett Packard hardware especially Proliant Servers
- Experience with SAN Administration and Capacity Planning
- Experience with Virtual Server
- Experience with Systems Center Configuration Manager and application packaging
- Experience with systems and security patching
- Experience with Workflow Applications
- Avaya Phone Switch
- Enterprise faxing software
- Mobile Messaging technology
- Must maintain commitment to teamwork. If applicable, the willingness to work outside regular work schedule is required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or combination of equivalent education and experience required.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in similar field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Windows Servers and Networks preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with MS SQL Administration or MS Exchange Server and Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience with TCP/IP Local and Wide Area networking technologies, Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 Server Networks, and Active Directory
- Experience with server and network performance monitoring software
If you're interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)