Human Resources Generalist
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Professional Development Assistant is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative assistance to support the firm’s attorney development, training and mentoring programs, diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and client events. This position reports to the firm’s Events Supervisor and works closely with the Director of Business Development & Professional Development, Business Development team and select firm committees.
- Assists with preparations for firm-wide attorney development programs, including Vorys University and other training programs.
- Coordinates logistics for training, D&I and client events (including researching venues, scheduling, reserving space and conference rooms, creating and distributing invitations, building invitation lists, monitoring RSVPs, preparing and distributing handout materials and event communications, coordinating catering and audio visual needs, providing onsite support, and reporting on program evaluations).
- Assists with CLE applications, record-keeping and reporting.
- Maintains and updates client event, training and D&I calendars.
- Coordinates responses to firm demographic and diversity surveys.
- Assists with budgeting, invoicing and financial reporting related to client events, training programs and D&I initiatives as directed.
- Assists with collection, posting and archiving of training materials and recordings.
- Assists with vendor relations. Identifies and evaluates vendors for promotional items and client gifts/entertainment.
- Assists in managing the firm’s PLI account and tasks associated with program execution and reporting.
- Manages client gifting requests, including tickets, promo items and gifts.
- Assists the professional development team, Training and Mentoring Committees with additional special projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with Hubspot or a similar email marketing platform
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Pleasant, helpful demeanor and attitude
- Strong, working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Ability to work well under pressure and meeting deadlines and milestones for projects assigned
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, a Firm core value.
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary. Occasional travel required for offsite events and activities.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Marketing, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Legal or professional services industry experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years of professional development or other similar experience required.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)