Human Resources Generalist
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
Vorys is looking for an energetic, passionate candidate to become part of a vibrant, innovative IT department. The Desktop Support Analyst (internally known as the IT Administrator) will manage and provide primary technology support for all computer users at the Cincinnati office. This position will provide advanced troubleshooting for user issues and systems failures.
- Provide all levels of technology support to Partners and employees of the Cincinnati office. Perform advanced troubleshooting processes to troubleshoot hardware, software, networking and a variety of other potential root causes for user system failures. Provide configuration and setup of computers, printers, network components, audio visual equipment and other devices as requested by the Service Desk Manager or other IT managers. Research solutions to complex technology support issues and new product requirements as requested by users.
- Perform incident management activities using the firm’s incident management program. Log new events and aggressively review and update existing events to keep all event detail current until events are closed, and to meet established KPI goals. This event work includes actively reviewing all Service Desk queue events and ETM events as directed by the Service Desk Manager.
- Assist with creation of instructional documentation and maintenance for the Service Desk knowledge base.
- Assist in the creation of the Firm’s disaster recovery site, receive and install equipment and assist with the configuration of area storage components, switches, routers, etc… Serve as the resource for the Firm’s only document generation system, designed to accommodate HUD related matters. Assist other IT departments by maintaining climate control and organization of server rooms. Serve as the local contact for third party service providers and resellers and coordinate their efforts.
- Provide trial/war room support as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior customer service skills/focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructures (servers, switches, routers, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills
- Ability to address rapidly changing priorities
- Familiar with the concepts of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and practice those concepts performing incident management responsibilities
- Knowledge of and experience with Avaya telephone systems.
Regular, onsite attendance at the workplace is required. If applicable, the willingness to work outside regular work schedule is required. Must maintain commitment to teamwork.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in related degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar field required.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).