Bridgett S. Klingbeil
Director of Paralegals
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
The Practice Group Assistant will support attorneys and paralegals with standard tasks including organization of files, documents and information. This position will support the Litigation, Real Property Tax and Bankruptcy groups in the Columbus office. The Real Property Tax group deals with tax valuation administration and related litigation throughout the country. The Bankruptcy group, among other things, handles chapter 7 bankruptcy matters, tax valuation administration and other litigation related matters. The Practice Group Assistant will research and review client, public or court information and perform diverse research projects.
- Maintain and administer various filing systems and databases, both electronic and paper.
- Perform assigned tasks as directed by attorneys and paralegals to achieve group goals.
- Operate document discovery software and other support software as required by a case.
- Organize information as needed and dictated by a project. (i.e. chronological, subject matter, witness, exhibit, Bates number).
- Review bankruptcy schedules, statements, and public records to assist with case review by chapter 7 panel trustee.
- Research property tax assessment and payment information and update database based upon available information.
- Assist with management of real property tax dockets including various filings, assistance with scheduling issues, and communication with parties, counsel, witnesses and boards.
- Assist with preparation and filing of tax appeals and discovery responses.
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills
- Capable of following explicit directions
- Adaptable and open to new areas
- Ability to prioritize work while remaining deadline focused
- Enjoys to working within a team
- Ability to effectively interact with other Firm personnel
- Professional demeanor
- Customer service focused
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred, but work experience considered.
- 1-3 years of experience in similar field required. Real estate and/or real estate tax and/or bankruptcy experience preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program or equivalent experience preferred.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)