Human Resources Generalist
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Document Services Specialist will provide additional administrative support for all attorneys, paralegals and staff. This would include drafting and revising pleadings, preparing correspondence, transcribing dictation and hearings and working on document clean up and formatting per attorney, paralegal and staff management specifications. The hours are 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Friday and a rotating Saturday shift of 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (total of 37.5 hours per week).
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide assistance to secretaries, attorneys, and staff with overflow work and special projects. This may include preparing/revising/redacting documents, creating Table of Contents/Table of Authorities, scanning/converting documents and creating Word and PDF forms.
- Transcribe handwritten notes, digital and tape dictation. Work in Excel, Summation, and Access databases. Perform Bates labeling and any other special projects as assigned within given deadlines. Update client extranets as assigned. Work on large non-billable and/or long-term projects as assigned.
- Provide needed support to other departments in the Firm and provide assistance to other offices when requested.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for Firm seminars and/or name tags for Firm events.
- Assist with the creation of the Daily Docket and/or Potential Conflicts communications
- Help answer phones and assist with document issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Ability to type 50+ wpm
- Intermediate MS Word skills
- Intermediate Dictaphone and digital transcription skills
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel software applications
- Intermediate knowledge of Table of Contents – manual marking and Styles generated
- Knowledge of PDF conversions
- Ability to problem solve document issues
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to concentrate and focus on successful task completion
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years office environment experience with 1-2 years of legal assistance experience preferred
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).