Human Resources Generalist
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Legal Billing Specialist will be responsible for working with various attorneys, their assistants and other timekeepers to prepare client billings, electronic billing and follow-up, and client/firm reporting in accordance with established firm, department and client policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare drafts of proformas as indicated by client, electronic billing vendor, and attorney guidelines, ensuring accuracy throughout.
- Prepare final bills using appropriate formats, verifying rate arrangements and making corrections as indicated.
- Responsible for electronic billing submission and follow-up.
- Collaborate with accounts receivable specialists for follow-up on AR balances.
- Provide ad hoc analysis of WIP and unapplied cash.
- Distribute proformas and other reports to appropriate personnel as directed.
- Make corrections to diary entries.
- Prepare and maintain billing attorney guidelines which contain specific instructions and preferences relating to preparation of drafts, invoices, ebilling, and reporting.
- Prepare and submit accrual information to attorneys and clients, as requested.
- Prepare reports in Excel or other formats, as required by attorneys or clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of financial databases
- Mathematical aptitude
- Basic knowledge of electronic billing vendors, websites and formats
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of law firm personnel
- Excellent attention to detail, typewriting and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize/prioritize multiple assignments
- Work independently, with little direction, and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with all levels of law firm personnel, clients and vendors
- Ability to maintain focus and produce high-quality work under pressure
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- 1 – 3 years in a professional services office environment required, preferably in a law firm.
- Law firm billing or accounting experience preferred.
- Elite Enterprise experience preferred.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).