Human Resources Generalist
52 East Gay Street
PO Box 1008
Columbus, OH 43216-1008
The Legal Billing Specialist will be responsible for working with various attorneys, their assistants and other timekeepers to prepare client billings, electronic billing and follow-up, and client/firm reporting in accordance with established firm, department and client policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare proformas as indicated by client, electronic billing vendor and attorney guidelines, while ensuring accuracy throughout. Bring any issues to attorney’s attention prior to their review.
- Prepare final bills using appropriate formats, verifying rate arrangements and making corrections as indicated.
- Responsible for electronic billing submission and follow-up, including submitting timekeeper/rate/matter information to clients/vendors for approval, and ensure successful submission of invoices and any necessary appeals.
- Collaborate with Accounts Receivable Specialists for follow-up on AR balances. Collaborate with other departments (Conflicts, Accounting) for successful setup of matters, including conforming to client guidelines and processing of client accounts.
- Provide ad hoc analysis of WIP and unapplied cash.
- Distribute proformas and other reports to appropriate personnel as directed.
- Make corrections to diary entries.
- Prepare and maintain billing attorney guidelines which contain specific instructions and preferences relating to preparation of drafts, invoices, e-billing, and reporting.
- Prepare and submit accrual information to attorneys and clients, as requested.
- Prepare reports in Excel or other formats, as required by attorneys or clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of financial databases and mathematical aptitude
- Basic knowledge of electronic billing vendors, websites and formats
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- 1 – 3 years in a professional services office environment required, preferably in a law firm.
- Law firm billing or accounting experience preferred.
- Elite Enterprise experience preferred.
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).