- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2016, Order of the Coif
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2013, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- Honorable Judge Edmund A. Sargus, Jr., United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2017-2018
- Chief Magistrate Judge Elizabeth A. Preston Deavers, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2017
Her notable experience includes:
- Serving as in house counsel in months-long secundment to a Fortune 500 company
Sarah received her J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and a managing editor for the Ohio State Law Journal. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Restored Citizens Committee, Committee Member
- 3/20/2020Boudouris Featured in Columbus Jewish News Story Titled “Sarah Boudouris Says the First Years of Practice are Hardest, Most Rewarding”Sarah Boudouris, an associate in the Vorys Columbus office, was recently profiled in the Columbus Jewish News.
- 10/28/2016Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP announced that eight first-year associates have joined the firm
- 3/12/2020Yesterday, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra released a third set of draft regulations (the New Modifications) implementing the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- 2/10/2020On February 7, 2020, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra released proposed modifications (the Modifications) to the previously-released draft regulations implementing the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- 7/26/2019Governor Cuomo signed the Stop Hacks and Improve Electronic Data Act (SHIELD) on July 25, 2019, providing stronger protections for New Yorkers by imposing strict cybersecurity requirements on all companies, broadening the Attorney General’s oversight over data breaches, and expanding data breach notification requirements.
- 5/15/2019Governor Jay Inslee recently signed Substitute House Bill 1071, amending Washington’s data breach notification law.
- 1/23/2019Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker recently signed House Bill 4806, amending the state’s data breach notification law. In relevant part, the amendment expands the information that must be reported to Massachusetts regulators in connection with a data breach involving the personal information of Massachusetts residents, imposes new requirements on compromised entities, and adds some clarification to when entities are required to issue notice of a breach. These changes take effect on April 11, 2019.
- 11/5/2018Client Alert: Securities and Exchange Commission Imposes $1 Million Penalty on Voya Financial Advisors after Cybersecurity IntrusionRecently, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) imposed a $1 million penalty against Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. (VFA).
- 1/19/2017Recently, the U.S. Department of Commerce, through the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), released a draft Version 1.1 to its Cybersecurity Framework.