- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude,
Order of the Coif
- Fordham University, B.A., 2006, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
Katie is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the technology and intellectual property group. She focuses her practice on trademark and copyright protection, unfair competition, brand protection and internet defamation. Katie also has significant experience in several areas of litigation including business and commercial interests, financial institutions and trusts, estates and wealth transfer. Katie is committed to her clients and focuses her efforts on advocating for them and their needs.
Career highlights include:
- Key member of a trial team that won a directed verdict for multiple manufacturing companies in a trial over claims valued at $7 million
- Successfully moving for summary judgment in favor of local business against insurance carrier involving insurance coverage valued over $100 million
- Successfully moving for summary judgment in $60 million contract dispute
- Defending and successfully settling intense family dispute regarding use of funds from multimillion-dollar generation-skipping trust
- Successfully arguing a motion to dismiss on behalf of a large bank
- Successfully drafting and arguing multiple motions to keep settlement payments to minors confidential
Katie is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association.
Katie received her J.D. magna cum laude from the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and managing editor of the Journal of Law & Policy. She received her B.A. summa cum laude from Fordham University.
Professional and Community Activities
- Member of the Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers (CALL) - Class 23
- Ronald McDonald House Red Shoe Crew, Board Member, 2013-2015
- Cincinnati Public Schools, Tutor, 2011-2015
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Litigation, 2014
- 12/4/2013Eighty-one attorneys from Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP have been named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. 57 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Super Lawyer and 24 Vorys attorneys were named 2014 Ohio Rising Stars.